This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #EverydayEffortless #CollectiveBias
This 10 Minute Brown Butter Chicken Pasta is the perfect weeknight dinner! Salty Mizithra Cheese, nutty brown butter, and tender grilled chicken make this an ultimate bowl of comfort food.
Happy Tuesday all!
Yesterday was Monday and boy was it a Monday! Stella was giving me a rather difficult time. She is teething and hardly wants to eat anything and has decided that it is quite amusing to pick up any food on her highchair and toss it all to the ground the moment my back is turned. Laughter always ensues as soon as I go to pick it up. She thinks it is a game and I am her opponent. Throughout the day, I cleaned up pancakes with sticky maple syrup, a corn dog in tiny pieces, and more toddler cheese puffs than I can count.
But Monday didn’t stop there, I also broke a glass all over the freshly cleaned and mopped bathroom floor, knocked an entire tray of chicken all over the bottom of the oven (how does that even happen?!) and managed to melt a whole stick of butter all over the microwave.
It was definitely a day for the books. But as I was falling asleep last night I started thinking about all the misfortunes in the world and started to realize that those little mishaps are so small. I have a beautiful little girl, a handsome husband and more than enough sticks of butter to melt all over the microwave. Or to make this super, simple brown butter pasta. Stressful days happen and that means that I need dinner, FAST. 10 minutes sounds just about right. Can you believe that this gorgeous pasta came together that fast? Well it is 100% true my friends. Thanks to the New Pronto pasta from Barilla and Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Strips, a protein packed dinner can really be that simple. I love that these chicken strips have no preservatives, are 98% fat free and can be microwaved for almost no prep time.
Brown butter is one of my favorite ingredients to use on pastas. It has so much flavor, yet is so simple to make. I love using mizithra cheese in this pasta because of its salty bite but you can easily use shredded parmesan as a substitute if you can’t find it. The pasta cooks in one pot with no boil and no draining! Basically magic! 😉 After that I just toss it with the Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Strips, brown butter and a little cheese. Just like that you have dinner in 10 minutes with enough time to spare. What do I do with all that extra time not making dinner? Clean up Stella’s pasta off the floor of course!
For more effortless dinner ideas, head over to Pinterest! You can find Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Strips and Barilla Pronto Pastas at your local Wal-Mart!
- 8 Tablespoons (1 stick) Butter
- 1 (12 oz.) Box Barilla Pronto Spaghetti
- 6 oz. Tyson Grilled and Ready Chicken Strips
- 1 Cup Mizithra Cheese (or parmesan)
- Optional: Chopped Italian Parsley for Garnish
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter on medium heat for 3 minutes, bring to a slow boil. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the package directions. Once the butter begins to foam, stir constantly for another 3 minutes until the butter turns to a golden amber color. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the package directions. Defrost the chicken strips in the microwave for 1-2 minutes while the pasta is cooking. Toss the cooked pasta with the browned butter, chicken strips, mizithra cheese and Italian parsley.
More Weeknight Favorites