These Cajun Shrimp Crostinis are a fun and easy appetizer that you can throw together in minutes. Buttery, cajun style shrimp topped with creamy avocado ranch all atop a garlic toasted crostini.
You guys, I am SO excited! Tomorrow is Stella’s 1st birthday party but you would think it was mine because I am so giddy about it.
I have been running around emptying Nick’s bank account like a kid in a candy store. I just couldn’t help myself. I kept telling Nick “Babe, she is only gonna turn 1 once.” I really feel like I kept everything pretty minimal but apparently I didn’t get the memo that kids birthdays cost A LOT!
I probably could have just gotten pizza and cake from Costco and called it a day but where is the fun in that?!
Nope. Pizza is SO 1995. We got a taco man. 3 types of meat, food cooked to order and a homemade salsa bar. Because Stella is probably going to remember this moment and be eternally grateful for my choice in catering.
And just a cake?! Pft. We went the dessert bar route! Eeekkk! I am so excited to show you all the things we whipped up. I even threw together a mini candy bar complete with all MY favorite sour candy. (Who’s birthday is this again?!)
I started dreaming up a DJ and a bartender but at that point Nick started suggesting we sell our blood to fund this “little” party so I found some self control.
On a serious note I am kinda sad that this milestone will pass so quickly. After Saturday all the festivities will be over and I will have to accept the reality that my sweet baby girl is now a 1 year old. Time to put away the bottles, no more formula and somehow I am sure that walking will be in the near future. Just like that it is like my life is flashing before me. Wasn’t it just yesterday that I was graduating high school? Asking my Dad if I could stay out past midnight just this once. Insisting that my skirt was NOT too short. Just like that 8 years have passed and now I am watching this little girl grow up. Too fast for my liking if you ask me.
Now would be a good time to find an hourglass to turn back time.
Speaking of time, I have the easiest appetizer for you today! Cajun Shrimp Crostinis with Avocado Ranch! They are so easy to throw together. I love using them for parties or summer family bbq’s. I use frozen fried shrimp and just topped them with a little cajun seasoning. Easy peazy!
French baguette slices are best when you rub them with a little garlic. It is such a simple step but it makes all the difference.
Do we even need to talk about how simple the dressing is. Avocados and your favorite ranch dip, blended for 30 seconds.
These are the perfect summer appetizer!
- Cajun Shrimp Crostinis:
- 10-15 Frozen Battered Shrimp
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1 Teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
- ½ Loaf French Baguette, cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 Clove Garlic
- Olive Oil for brushing
- Sea Salt and Pepper
- Spinach or Arugula
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Avocado Ranch:
- ½ Cup Ranch Dressing
- ½ Avocado
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter and cajun seasoning. Place the frozen shrimp on a baking sheet in an even layer. Brush each shrimp with cajun butter mixture. Bake according to package directions. Meanwhile rub each crostini slice with the garlic head (flesh exposed) and brush with a little bit of olive oil on each side. Sprinkle with desired salt and pepper. Bake on 350° for 10 minutes or until slightly browned.
- Top each crostini with spinach or arugula, a cherry tomato, and a cajun shrimp. Drizzle with avocado ranch. Serve immediately.
- Avocado Ranch: Place the ranch dressing and half of an avocado in a food processor. Blend until well combined. If the mixture is too thick, add 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil.
Fun Summer Dishes