This Easy Pistachio Pudding Cake is moist, perfectly sweet and comes together in 5 minutes. Our favorite part is the light and fluffy pistachio icing.
Hey Guys! I am back at it. You know, with the sweets. I just can’t stop! Should we call this a dessert blog? This is really becoming the story of my life. And just so you know, I totally use you all as an excuse to make more dessert. I spend two-thirds of my time in the baking aisle while I am grocery shopping and I pretty much have it memorized now. Instead of novels on my nightstand I have cookbooks about cakes, cookies and candies. AND I have the show Unique Sweets recorded so that I can watch every episode.
Just today I was asking my sister if it was too early to start planning our Christmas Cookie exchange.
Basically, I love my sweets and I am certain this love will never, ever end.
But today I have an extra special recipe for you! This recipe was given to me by Nick’s grandma, who just happens to be one of my favorite people in the world. She is one of those people that lights up the room with her presence and always has a way of making everyone feel so warm and welcomed. She is a beautiful person inside and out. I feel so blessed to call her family and am grateful that Stella has her as a Great-Grandmother.
Among her many talents, is her fabulous cooking. She makes all sorts of yummy treats. We love her cakes and pies. During Christmas time she makes her famous Scrabble Snack Mix and all the grandkids get their own individual tin full. When I was pregnant, it was one of the only things I could keep down. One of these days I will have to get her to share the recipe with me!
But today I am sharing her amazing Pistachio Pudding Cake! It is really simple to make. It starts with a box of yellow cake mix and you just add in pistachio pudding with a couple eggs, some oil, and club soda. The frosting is my favorite part. It’s a sweet and light whipped topping. The key to the frosting is to work really quickly because the pudding thickens. Once you combine the cold milk with the pistachio pudding, you’ll want to fold in the whipped topping very quickly.
I hope you enjoy this cake as much as we do!
- Pistachio Pudding Cake:
- 1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
- 1 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 (4 oz.) Package Instant Pistachio Pudding Mix
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Club Soda
- ½ Cup Chopped Walnuts or Pistachios (Optional)
- 8-10 Maraschino Cherries for garnish (Optional)
- Pistachio Whipped Icing:
- ½ Cup Milk, cold
- 1 (4 oz.) Package Instant Pudding Mix
- 1 (8 oz.) Container Extra Creamy Cool Whip
- Pistachio Pudding Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 12 cup bundt pan with nonstick cooking spray. Mix all of the above ingredients with electric mixer on medium speed until very smooth. Bake 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven and cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely before frosting. Top with icing. Garnish with nuts and cherries (optional).
- Pistachio Whipped Icing: In a medium sized bowl, mix together the milk and pistachio pudding. Once combined, quickly fold in the cool whip with a rubber spatula. Spread on the cooled cake.
Helps if you have someone spoon in the cool whip all at once.
This will help the pudding remain smooth and not clump.
Other Popular Cakes