This post is sponsored by Almond Breeze Almondmilk. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Mariah’s Pleasing Plates possible!
Filled with sliced banana, pineapple chunks, and shredded coconut, these Fluffy Hawaiian Style Pancakes are sure to be a weekend favorite.
Let’s pretend today is Saturday. Because on Saturday’s I like to eat whatever I want.
Pancakes are the one breakfast item that I can’t resist. It doesn’t matter what diet I am on or if I promised myself that I would just get a veggie omelet. Those big, fluffy, syrup slathered golden disks are my kryptonite.
So naturally when Almond Breeze sent me some of their Almond Coconut Milk to try out, pancakes were the first recipe that came to mind.
This recipe was inspired by our favorite little breakfast spot. A few months ago I shared this delicious Peanut Butter French Toast and you all loved it! So today I am sharing another breakfast favorite from their recipe box; Fluffy Hawaiian Style Pancakes.
These truly make the most gorgeous pancakes! The Almond Breeze Almond Milk Coconut Milk gives them a hint of coconut flavor and a subtle sweetness while the brown sugar makes them almost caramelized. Pure perfection. The baking powder in these make for the fluffiest pancakes.
These pancakes have all my favorite Hawaiian flavors; macadamia nuts, pineapple, sliced banana, and they are topped with shredded coconut. To really throw these over the top, you absolutely must drench them in sweet, sticky coconut syrup. Of course pure maple syrup does the trick too.
Now I am just trying to convince myself that I don’t need to eat these every day of the week!
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- ¾ cup Almond Breeze Almondmilk Coconutmilk, unsweetened
- 1 Large Egg, beaten
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, melted
- 1 Teaspoon Coconut Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Extra Butter for Pan Frying
- ⅓ Cup Macadamia Nuts
- ⅓ Cup Pineapple Chunks, diced
- 1 Small Banana, sliced
- ⅓ Cup Macadamia Nuts
- ⅓ Cup Shredded Coconut
- Coconut or Maple Syrup for serving (Optional: Extra banana slices for garnish)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and brown sugar. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut-almond milk, egg, melted butter and extracts. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together making sure not to over mix. Fold in the diced pineapple and banana slices. Heat a lightly buttered griddle or frying pan on medium-high heat. Pour about ¼ cup of batter onto the hot griddle. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Top with macadamia nuts and shredded coconut. Serve with syrup.
More Breakfast Ideas