These Fried Chicken Buffalo Pretzel Sliders are the perfect summer party food. Thin slices of provolone cheese are melted over crispy fried chicken pieces, topped with buffalo sauce and served on mini pretzel buns.
This is my second savory post that I have shared with you this week! I think I am on a roll (or just trying to lose some). I am such a sweetaholic. Is that a word? Well it should be. My favorite recipes are the sweet ones so naturally that is why I have shared so many of them with you!
But I realize that most of you don’t eat sugar for breakfast, lunch and dinner. And if you do, don’t worry we have so much in common already!
When I can’t have sugar, I have buffalo sauce. Buffalo sauce is a way of life in the Mercurio home. We can’t live without it. But if you combine buffalo and pretzel you get the equivalent of a little slice of heaven. Last week I shared Buffalo Pretzel Chicken Bites with you and they were a real hit. So today I made Fried Chicken Buffalo Pretzel Sliders. Game changer!
I used my easy fried chicken recipe. It is quick and easy. Plus its a hybrid version (half fried, half baked) that way you can pop it in the oven and forget about it while you prepare the toppings.
We keep things simple around here with just provolone cheese, fried chicken, a little lettuce and tomato, an onion ring and a whole lotta buffalo sauce. Pile all that on a pretzel bun and you’ll be on everyone’s party invitations all summer long. 😉
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken
- 1 Cup Reduced Fat Buttermilk
- 4 Large Chicken Breasts (cut into 8 evenly cut pieces and pounded flat)
- ⅛ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2-3 Dashes of Hot Sauce
- 1 Cup Flour
- ½ Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 Teaspoons Granulated Garlic
- 2 Teaspoons Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- To Assemble Sliders:
- 8 Pretzel Slider Buns
- 8 Slices Provolone Cheese, thinly sliced
- ½ Cup Buffalo Sauce (I used Frank's Red Hot)
- 8 Onion Rings (Optional)
- Leaf Lettuce
- Buttermilk Fried Chicken: Soak the chicken breast in buttermilk, cayenne pepper, garlic salt, pepper and hot sauce for 8-10 hours or over night.
- Preheat skillet with about 1 inch deep of vegetable oil. Remove the chicken from the buttermilk and place on a plate. Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl combine the flour, bread crumbs, granulated garlic, paprika, and pepper. Coat chicken with flour mixture. Shake off excess.
- Fry the chicken in small batches for 3 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to wire rack, set inside of a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes on 350°.
- To assemble sliders: Cut each pretzel slider in half and toast them lightly. Place a piece of chicken on each slider. Top with a slice of provolone cheese. Drizzle with 1-2 tablespoons buffalo sauce. Top with lettuce and tomatoes, the onion ring and the remaining bun. Serve immediately.
Other Popular Recipes: