A stunning fruit tart that will impress any guest. This tart is made high in protein with greek yogurt and an easy 4-ingredient quinoa crust. Gluten free!
Hello Monday…and hello gorgeous fruit tart.
Let me start by saying that I am a true fruitaholic. Fruit runs through my blood.
Matter of fact, if I could just hook an IV up to my arm and have fruit all day, I would. Too much? Never! Seriously, this is the tart of my dreams. I included all my favorites in this mix: oranges, strawberries, kiwi, pineapple, blackberries, and of course raspberries….because raspberries make my world go round. You can change up the fruit to your preference. For me, the more fruit, the better!
The real kicker about this tart is the crust….it’s 4 ingredients, protein packed, and low in sugar. Oh and I should mention that it is gluten free. The question is, what isn’t there to love about it? I used quinoa which is a nutritional powerhouse, almonds for their healthy fats, and an egg for some additional protein. Just to sweeten it up a bit I added a little brown sugar but you can substitute that for some Truvia or any sweetener of your choice.
Greek yogurt is a staple in our house, so it’s only natural that it became the filling to this healthy breakfast. I use nonfat greek yogurt. 1 Cup has 23 grams of protein, no fat, and only 9 carbs. ←← Which equals some serious energy power to keep you full till lunch time. If you prefer your greek yogurt on the sweeter side, swirl in a tablespoon or two of honey or some sugar free jam.
This tart would make the perfect Mother’s Day breakfast..or as a brunch item to wow your guests. No one will ever guess how simple it was to make. 😉
- Quinoa Crust
- ½ Cup Almond Flour or oat flour (oats ground up in a food processor)
- 1 Cup Quinoa, uncooked
- 5 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 Pinch of Salt
- 1½ Cup Greek Yogurt
- Assorted Fruits ( I used oranges, strawberries, kiwi, pineapple, blackberries, and raspberries.)
- Preheat the oven to 350° and grease a 9 inch tart pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside. Line a baking sheet with foil. Spread the almond flour (or oat flour) and the uncooked quinoa evenly over the baking sheet. Bak for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Allow the flour and quinoa to cool. Transfer the mixture to a food processor or blender and pulse until the quinoa is finely ground. Add in the brown sugar, salt and the egg to the food processor. Pulse for an additional 5-6 times until the mixture becomes crumbly. Transfer the mixture to the prepared tart pan and press down well on all sides. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely.
- Fill the crust with greek yogurt. Top with assorted fruits of your choice. Serve immediately. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Other Great Breakfast Ideas