These Halloween Peanut Butter Popcorn Balls are a fun and easy treat! Honey Nut Chex, Rice Krispies and Popcorn are coated in a sticky sweet, peanut butter marshmallow coating and then mixed with Reese’s Pieces and candy corn!
We are almost to October so I thought that it was time to bring out a Halloween recipe or two. You probably have already noticed that I am fully embracing the fall season here on the blog. It has been pumpkin everything. I just can’t help myself. Pumpkin season is such a short time and I feel like it goes by far too quickly. My only consolation is that with the ending of fall comes the beginning of the Christmas season. Which can only mean one thing, MORE sweets!!
Speaking of sweet, Halloween just happens to be the ultimate holiday for sticky, yummy goodness. These peanut butter marshmallow balls are a classic at our house. Mainly because they are full of peanut butter! Or it could be all the little Reese’s Pieces. Those things are the BEST! I can never stop at just 1.
These little treats are really just glorified rice krispy treats. I added honey nut chex cereal, rice krispies, and popcorn to a big batch of melted marshmallows with butter and peanut butter. Sometimes I use kettle corn but I really like the salty flavor of regular buttered popcorn. You can really use whatever you have on hand though. Air popped or microwave variety both work well! The mix ins are completely customizable but I went with my peanut butter theme and used Reese’s Pieces, candy corn and a few white chocolate chips. Other really great mix ins include mini pretzels, snickers, and chocolate chips! These sweet treats are a great and easy way to impress your coworkers and get them in the Halloween spirit. I sent them to Nick’s work and he said they were all gone in less than an hour.
- 8 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 (16 oz.) Bag Mini Marshmallows
- 3 Tablespoons Creamy Peanut Butter
- 12 Cups Popcorn (kettle or regular; popped)
- 1 Cup Rice Krispies
- 1 Cup Honey Nut Chex
- ⅓ Cup Candy Corn
- ⅓ Cup Reese's Pieces
- ¼ Cup White Chocolate Chips
- Line a large baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Set aside. In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Add in the marshmallows and peanut butter and cook until melted, stirring constantly. Stir in the popcorn, honey nut chex and rice krispies. Mix until lightly coated. Add in the candy corn, Reese's pieces, and white chocolate chips. With greased hands, shape the mixture into 15-20 2 inch popcorn balls. Set the popcorn balls aside to firm up, about 1 hour.
More Fall Treats!