A better for you oatmeal cookie filled with tart blueberries, sweet white chocolate chips, and a surprising secret ingredient! No sugar, oil, or white flour!
I will be the first to admit that I am not the biggest cookie fan. Don’t get me wrong, I’ll take sugar in any form but when it comes to cookies I usually have a little more willpower…..unless its an oatmeal cookie! I can’t resist those. I especially love a good chewy oatmeal raisin cookie. The cinnamony soft oatmeal base with big chunks of raisins is just so so soooo good.
Not a raisin lover? I understand. Most of my family isn’t either. Which is what led me to come up with these delicious cookies.
Have we talked about white chocolate chips before? They are my love language! I can’t think of anything I love more than those tiny morsels of sweetness. They make this cookie absolutely perfect (maybe thats why I ate the whole batch. sigh.)
And these cookies have a secret ingredient: APPLE BUTTER! I know, you probably never thought of putting apple butter in a cookie. But believe me, its crazy good. And it makes these cookies extra moist.
These cookies have definitely become a family favorite!
- 2 ½ Cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 ½ Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- 3 Tablespoons Butter, Softened
- 2 Tablespoon Applesauce, Unsweetened
- ½ Cup Honey
- 1 Egg
- ⅓ Cup Apple Butter
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- ½ Cup Dried Blueberries
- ⅓ Cup White Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350. In a medium bowl whisk together oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. In large bowl beat together butter, applesauce, honey. Once well combined add in egg, apple butter, and vanilla extract. Mix dry and wet ingredients together and fold in dried blueberries and white chocolate chips. Drop cookies in rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden. Cool on cooling rack before serving or storing. Yields about 12 cookies.