Perfectly fluffy, no fail pancakes, stuffed with white chocolate chips and juicy red raspberries. Makes for a yummy breakfast for someone special.
White chocolate raspberry pancakes. Mmm.
Can we all agree that white chocolate and raspberry is a match made in heaven? I can think of absolutely nothing that goes more perfectly together. Raspberries are sweet, juicy, and they remind me of summer. And the white chocolate….words cannot tell you how much I love white chocolate.
So naturally my perfect pancake would be stuffed with white chocolate chips and bursting with juicy red raspberries. The heart shape just throws it over the top and makes them that much better.
I have done a lot of experimenting with pancakes over the years and this is the recipe that we love most. They are fluffy, moist, and come out perfect every time. The cake flour has a lower gluten content that gives the pancake its soft and moist texture. If you don’t have cake flour you can substitute 1 cup of all-purpose flour (minus 2 tablespoons from the flour) and then add in 2 tablespoons of cornstarch. You want to make sure that if you do choose to do this that you be sure to sift the flour and cornstarch together very well.
I use greek yogurt in my pancakes and it is amazing! Think sour cream pancakes, only healthier and it gives me a little protein punch to start my day (that cancels out the sugar from the maple syrup right?!)
Getting a perfect heart shape for these pancakes is really easy. You just need a heart shaped metal cookie cutter. Any size will work! To make sure that each pancake comes out perfectly, spray the inside rims of the cookie cutter with non stick cooking spray. This will help the pancakes to slide right out. Make sure that you grab the cookie cutter with an oven mitt or a paper towel because it will be hot (my burned little hand can tell you all about it).
These white chocolate raspberry pancakes turn out perfect, every time. And they make the perfect valentines breakfast. Kids love them!
- 1 ½ Cups Cake Flour
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Baking Powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- ¼ Cup Greek Yogurt (Vanilla or Plain)
- 1 egg
- ½ Cup Fresh Raspberries
- ⅓ Cup White Chocolate Chips
- Heart Shaped Metal Cookie Cutter (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine cake flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. In a separate bowl whisk together milk, vanilla extract, greek yogurt, and egg. Mix wet and dry ingredients together until just combined. Fold in raspberries and white chocolate. Preheat skillet on medium high heat and spray with non stick cooking spray (or a tablespoon of melted butter). If you are using cookie cutter, spray the inside of the heart shaped cookie cutter as well. Place the heart shaped cookie cutter onto skillet and ladle in about ¼ cup of batter (depending on the size of your heart). When bubbles start to form on the top of the pancake it is ready to flip. Remove the cookie cutter very carefully and flip pancake to the other side and cook an additional 1-2 minutes. Top with butter and maple syrup, serve immediately.