This Skinny Strawberry Daiquiri Pie is the perfect frozen treat. Loaded with sweet strawberries, fresh lime juice and a lightened up pretzel crust, you’ll be feeling like your sipping on your favorite cocktail.
Has anyone ever had one of those days when everything goes wrong? Today I was baking a cake and absentmindedly threw out all the egg whites that I needed, instead of the yolks. There went 5 eggs. Then, I spilled heavy cream all over the counter which resulted in an unnecessary trip to get more. Sigh. It was definitely a messy braid, haven’t showered, I REALLY need a drink kind-of-day. End rant. Feel free to chime in with your bad day story. I am a GREAT listener. (Don’t ask my husband to back me up on that).
Happier things below.
Strawberry season continues and I keep coming up with new ways to use up the endless supply in my refrigerator! I have been using them in healthy dishes like this yummy greek yogurt tart and in this no churn strawberry ice cream. But I have also been indulging a bit with these berry limeade bars. ←←← SOO good.
Today me and my split personality are back on the healthy wagon and serving up some more skinny goodness with these gorgeous Skinny Strawberry Daiquiri Pie. (Did I mention it’s skinny?)
I love frozen desserts. Matter of fact, I love ANY dessert. But if they are skinny that just takes the cake…I mean pie. And this pie definitely has it all. I started with a pretzel crust using minimal sweetener and earth balance butter. SOOO good. The strawberry filling is full of sweet strawberries, greek yogurt, and lots of fresh squeezed lime juice. Whatever you do, DON’T use bottled lime juice. I am sure that stuff has a place in the world but it certainly isn’t in this pie. Fresh squeezed lime juice is key. Strawberries that are really ripe work great in this recipe. You can adjust the sweetener to your liking depending on how tart the strawberries are.
This pie is my new fave. It is gonna be my pick me up for bad days.
- Pretzel Crust:
- 2 Cups Pretzels, crushed (blended in food processor/blender)
- 5 Tablespoons Butter, melted (I used Earth's Balance)
- 2 Tablespoons Powdered Sugar
- Strawberry Daiquiri Filling:
- ⅓ Cup Water (very cold)
- 4 Tablespoons Lime Juice (Freshly Squeezed)
- 1 Packet Plain Gelatin (.25 ounce)
- 2 Cups Strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 3 Tablespoons Truvia (or more to taste)
- 1 Teaspoon Rum Extract (or 1 Tablespoon light rum)
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Greek Yogurt
- Garnish: Fresh Strawberries and Fat-Free Whipped Topping (Optional)
- Pretzel Crust: Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease a 9 inch pie pan and set aside. In a bowl, combine the crushed pretzels in a bowl with the melted butter and powdered sugar. Press the pretzel mixture into the pie pan, pressing down firmly with your hands or the back of a glass. Bake for 8 minutes. Allow to cool completely before filling.
- Strawberry Filling: In a small saucepan, combine the water and lime juice. Sprinkle the gelatin over the top and set aside. Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor combine the sliced strawberries, truvia, and rum extract. Transfer strawberry mixture to a mixing bowl. Whisk in the salt and greek yogurt.
- Cook the gelatin mixture over low heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly until the gelatin has dissolved. Pour the gelatin mixture into the bowl with the strawberry mixture and whisk until well combined. Pour over prepared pretzel crust. Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 3-4 hours. Garnish with whipped topping and strawberries (optional).
Other Popular Strawberry Recipes: