This Smoked Turkey Sausage Tortellini Pasta is the ultimate 30 minute meal! Roasted vegetables, cheese filled tortellini and salty turkey sausage come together in minutes and are then tossed in a simple olive oil and garlic sauce.
Welcome to the first ever 30 Minute Thursday! I have teamed up with a few of my favorite food bloggers to bring you a fun and easy 30 minute meal every first Thursday of the month! I hope you enjoy this series and love making these meals as much as we loved creating them!
There was a time that a 30 minute meal didn’t mean anything to me. I used to have a flexible schedule and whipping up dinner meant I could make anything I wanted to tackle. Braised lamb and homemade pita, no problem. Beef Bolognese sauce from scratch, absolutely. But when Stella came, everything changed.
The days are long but the years are short. From 6am to 9pm she has me running up and down the stairs, chasing her through the kitchen, and picking up toys only to have her pull them all out again. After bath time she somehow manages to mash banana into her hair or smear her face with peanut butter which leads to a second bath. And of course there are the changes of clothes, teething days and endless episodes on the Disney channel.
Being a mom is pretty crazy..but you know what is even crazier? That I absolutely love it. I wouldn’t want it any other way. Which means I have had to be a little creative when it comes to dinner time. 30 minute meals are a way of life. We keep it really simple around here!
I absolutely love this easy Smoked Turkey Sausage Tortellini Pasta! I just line a pan with foil and pop all the veggies, onions and sausage on a pan to roast. While that is cooking, I boil the tortellini. When everything is finished, I just toss it all in a simple olive oil and roasted garlic sauce. Voila, dinner is done.
With plenty of time to spare for another bath for Stella. 😉
Check out the rest of our Thirty Minute Thursday recipes!
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 Yellow Onion, quartered
- 1 Zucchini, roughly chopped
- 1 (14 oz.) Package Smoked Turkey Sausage, roughly chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 (20 oz.) Packages Cheese Tortellini (I used Buitoni)
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- ¼ Cup Sundried Tomatoes, packed in olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Bring a medium saucepan full of water to boil. Line a sheet pan with foil. Place the peppers, onions, zucchini and sausage on the pan and drizzle lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes then remove from the oven. Meanwhile, cooking the cheese tortellini according to the package directions. In a skillet, on medium-high heat combine the olive oil and garlic cloves. Cook 1-2 minutes or until the garlic is fragrant. Remove the garlic cloves and discard. Add in the sun dried tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes until warmed throughout. Add in the cooked tortellini and the tray of roasted vegetables and sausage. Toss well. Serve immediately. Serve with parmesan cheese if desired.
More Easy Dinners