Sour cherry and orange scones with a chocolate ganache glaze. These scones are full of mini chocolate chips, dried sour cherries, and fresh orange juice. A perfect breakfast!
Yay for Friday!
Friday’s are for yummy things…indulgent things if you well. Okay, let’s be real. I indulge every day. But for the sake of my thighs, lets pretend I only indulge on the weekends. Maybe they will get the memo? Probably not.
Remember when I made these dreamy apple fritter scones a couple weeks back? Well we demolished them. I single handedly could have eaten the entire batch alone but I did share a few with Nick…apprehensively I might add.
Well one would think after all those scones I would have been appeased for a little while but the cravings came crawling back and can you guess what that means? MORE scones! Enter sour cherry-orange chocolate scones. I think I out did myself guys.
Have you ever had a dried sour cherry? If not, you need to. Stat! They have the texture of a dried cranberry but with a tart flavor and a little bit sweeter bite. Gosh, they are good. I really like to shovel them all by themselves. But in these scones, they are even better! The orange compliments the dried cherries….and need I explain the chocolate? Everyone needs more chocolate in their life….I think I read somewhere that people who eat chocolate live longer. Okay maybe that isn’t quite how it went. BUT chocolate is an aphrodisiac and aren’t Fridays for date nights and romance? Or if you are me, Friday nights are for Little Einsteins marathons. #mommylife
Do yourself a favor and grab a sour cherry-orange chocolate scone…say that 5 times fast. 😉
And just to make Friday a little sweeter, I have teamed up with some amazing bloggers and we are giving away a $500 Amazon Gift card? I don’t know about you but I can think of a million things I’d like to buy off amazon! They have everything. Just enter below!
- Sour Cherry-Orange Scones:
- 2-3/4 cups All-purpose Flour
- ½ Cup Oat Flour (Oats ground in a blender)
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Baking Powder
- ¼ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- ⅔ Cup Dried Sour Cherries
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Orange Zest
- 2 sticks Unsalted Butter, very cold
- ¾ cups Heavy Cream
- 1 Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Ganache:
- 8 Ounces Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ½ Cup Heavy Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, oat flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix well and set aside. 3. Cut both sticks of butter into small cubes. Using a pastry blender, cut the butter cubes into the flour mixture. The mixture should be very crumbly.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, dried cherries, orange juice, and orange zest.
- In a bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, egg, and vanilla extract. Pour the cream mixture into the dry mixture. Fold together gently until the dough comes together. Do not over mix.
- Place the dough on a floured board and use your hands to form in into an 8 inch round disk. With a sharp knife cut the dough into 8 equal size pieces. Place the scones on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 22-25 minutes or until they have started to brown ever so slightly. Allow scones to cool completely.
- Chocolate Ganache: Heat the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a double boiler. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the chocolate has melted and is warm throughout. Drizzle on the prepared scones. Allow the glaze to dry for an hour before serving.