A deliciously sweet and salty snack mix that everyone is sure to enjoy. This stuff is addicting and I doubt you can have just one handful.
Welcome to treat #2 in our lineup of Valentines day sweets. I am loving taste testing all these sweets and my husband shares in my excitement. He volunteers with great enthusiasm every night to stuff his face with whatever concoction I’ve whipped up (obviously he leads a rough life). I can honestly say that this is my absolute favorite out of the round up. Valentines sweet and salty mix. As much as I love sweet, I need a little bit of salty to balance it all out. To be honest, I wasn’t entirely sure what to call this recipe. In our house we adoringly call it “Crunch.”
This sweet and salty snack mix has it all. Crunchy honey nut squares and cheerios, salty peanuts, fresh popped kettle corn, a little bit of chocolate from the M & M’s and of course it wouldn’t be snack mix without an ungodly amount of white chocolate to cover it all. It’s addicting. I hate to admit it but I ate nearly the entire batch (not in one sitting of course, I spread it out over the course of a couple hours).
We make this every year in our family and not just at Valentines either. I make this for every holiday imaginable. This recipe is easily customizable to your own preferences. You could use Reese’s Pieces in place of the M & M’s or frosted cheerios instead of honey nut. And although I can’t imagine a world without white chocolate, I suppose you could use milk chocolate as a coating instead (sorry I am a devoted white chocolate lover).
If you don’t eat the whole bowl by yourself, then this sweet and salty snack mix makes a great little Valentines gift. Just wrap it up in a little bag and put a cute note and you are all set. Or send it with the kids to school and you will immediately be the favorite parent. I’m telling you this sweet and salty snack mix is crazy good.
- 3 Cups Honey Nut Chex (any flavor you like will work)
- 3 Cups Honey Nut Cheerios (any flavor you like will work)
- 2 Cups Cinnamon Teddy Grahams
- 2 Cups Mini Pretzels
- 1 Cup M & M's (Red and Pink for Valentine's)
- 1 Cup Dry Roasted Peanuts
- 1 (3.3 OZ.) Bag of Kettle Corn, popped
- 1 lb. White Chocolate Candy Coating
- In a very large mixing bowl (or bucket) combine all ingredients except white chocolate candy coating. Mix up well with your hands. Next, melt candy coating on a low power setting in the microwave for 30 second intervals until melted (be sure to stir in between intervals). Pour white chocolate over the snack mix and stir well until everything is well coated. Spread out snack mix onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper in a single layer and allow to dry for 1-2 hours. Once mixture has dried, break up into chunks and store in airtight containers for up to 1 week.