This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Mariah’s Pleasing Plates possible! Ditch the chips and grab some Game Changing Flavors this football season! Enter for a chance to win the Ultimate Football Party Prize Pack, get great savings and ideas for delicious snack hacks at GameChangingFlavors.com
This Sweet and Spicy Asian Snack Mix is one of our favorite snacks. Made with sesame sticks, wasabi almonds, and lots of crunchy cereal! A lighter snack to enjoy during game time!
Along with the holidays comes a healthy portion of, you guessed it, football! If you asked my husband what his perfect weekend looked like he would definitely include a few hours of football games on the agenda.
Unfortunately with the busy holiday season, he doesn’t get to watch nearly as much as he would like. I am probably to blame for that. Poor guy has his whole weekend planned out before he even leaves his office on Friday afternoons. I am a major planner, spreadsheet maker and list writer. In other words, I am just a big ol’ nerd.
So occasionally we will set aside time on Sunday and get the whole family together to watch a game. I really don’t know the first thing about football so I just stick to making the food.
We have been making small strides to get healthier, especially with New Year’s Resolutions right around the corner. Instead of loading up on nachos, pizza, and greasy wings I have been trying to make more veggies and dip and lighten up some of our favorite snacks.
I started with our favorite almonds from Blue Diamond. They have so many amazing flavors but I am particularly addicted to the Wasabi & Soy Sauce flavor right now. They were the inspiration for this whole Asian Snack Mix. They are salty with the perfect crunch and a little heat from the wasabi.
I love that you can prep this snack mix ahead of time so you can spend more time visiting with guests and less time cooking! This recipe makes a pretty big batch, about two full baking sheets worth. Many of the ingredients can be swapped out and adjusted to your personal preference.
- 4 Cups Corn Cereal
- 4 Cups Brown Sugar Oatmeal Squares
- 2 Cup Pretzels
- 2 Cups Sesame Sticks
- 1 Cup Blue Diamond Wasabi and Soy Sauce Almonds
- ½ Cup Wasabi Peas, optional
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Low-Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 Teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- ½ Teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- Preheat the oven to 275°. Spray two large baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a very large mixing bowl combine the corn cereal, oatmeal squares, pretzels, sesame sticks, almonds, and the wasabi peas.
- In a saucepan combine the butter, oil brown sugar, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Cook on low heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Slowly pour the sauce over the dry mixture, making sure to toss as you go so that everything gets coated. I have found that it is easiest to place all the dry ingredients in a large bag and to drizzle the sauce in slowly, shaking as you go.
- Divide the snack mix onto two baking sheets and bake for 1 hour. Tossing every 15 minutes. Once cooled, store in a large container.