These White Chocolate Pistachio Oatmeal Cookies are thick, chewy and have the perfect mix of sweet and salty.
Okay I feel like I have been cheating you all a bit because I never post cookie recipes. It isn’t that I am not fond of them. I just find that I would much rather bake up raspberry blondies or blackberry pie bars. (Do I have a thing for berries or what??)
But this week I just got the urge (umm craving) for a big ol’ hot from the oven, oatmeal cookie. Which is exactly what I set out to do but I got a little sidetracked.
I can never do something plain and simple. I always have to mix it up. Please tell me I am not the only one.
So I started wandering about the kitchen tossing in ingredients. First, I added some big, green, nutty pistachios into the cookie mix. Did I stop there? No. I had to add a big heaping scoop of white chocolate chips because..well, I’ll just be straight with you, I am obsessed! And just to be obnoxious, I threw in a couple cranberries for that out-of-this-world chewy bite.
It was basically heaven in a cookie. And I ate way too many before even thinking to offer some to Baby Stella who was sitting below me in her walker with her mouth open wide like a sad little puppy. She really loves sugar and my husband constantly reminds me that this little habit came from me. Truth be told though, I kinda like it. It makes me feel like we are connected somehow even though she takes after her dad in just about every other way. So her and I sat on the kitchen floor gobbling up our cookies and I enjoyed every minute of it.
I have a feeling that my little cookie monster and I will be bringing you a few more cookie recipes this summer. 😉
- 2 sticks Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar, firmly packed (light preferably)
- ½ Cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1½ Cups All-purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 3 cups Old-Fashioned Oats
- ½ Cup Craisins
- ½ Cup White Chocolate Chips
- ½ Cup Pistachios
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a medium bowl beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Add in the eggs and vanilla, beat until well combined, about 1 minute.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add in the flour mixture to the butter mixture, mix well. Fold in the oats, craisins, white chocolate chips and the pistachios.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 1-2 minutes on the cookie sheet; remove to wire rack.
Other Popular Desserts: