Decadence at its finest, these White Chocolate Raspberry Blondies are sure to impress anyone. The perfect chewy texture, combined with juicy, tart raspberries make these treats unforgettable.
It comes down to the basics. Are you a chocolate person or vanilla? I am 100% vanilla and so is my husband. We basically refute chocolate in our house. Chocolate ice cream is forbidden. Never is there a time that chocolate chip cookies are awaiting us in the cookie jar. And there is rarely a chocolate bar in sight. Chocolate just isn’t our thing. We like it well enough in small doses but it just doesn’t do it for us, you know? Maybe not. Maybe you are an extreme chocolate hoarder and find that there is nothing better than a big ol’ brownie. Don’t be offended but you should know we have a slight inclination towards blondies. Can we still be friends?
Blondies are a work of art. They can’t be over baked, otherwise they dry out. And no one ever said they wanted seconds of a DRY blondie. The baking time is crucial. You want to take out the blondies when they are slightly underdone.Blondies require much more flour than a typical brownie because they lack the starch that comes from the chocolate. By using the perfect amount of flour, combined with just enough baking powder, you will have the perfect chewy texture. Chewy white chocolate raspberry blondies, please tell me who would argue with that?
I tend to be a bit of extremest so white chocolate chips just wasn’t enough for me. I just had to finish these gorgeous bars off with a drizzle of white chocolate for good measure. True white chocolate lover over here.
Truth be told, I can always judge how good a recipe is by how fast it disappears at our house. The whole tray of blondies lasted all of about 3 hours. Every time I walked by the pan, another one disappeared. I kept blaming my husband, he kept blaming me. It was a vicious cycle. Eventually we jointly blamed it all on Baby Stella. What 10 month old can resist a white chocolate raspberry blondie?
Try these and I bet they will disappear at your house too. 😉
- 1½ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1½ Cups Brown Sugar (light preferably)
- 1½ Sticks Butter (12 Tablespoons), melted
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 1 Cup Fresh Raspberries
- 1⅓ Cup of White Chocolate Chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line a 9x13 pan with foil. Spray the pan with nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl mix the sugar and the butter until well combined. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla. Fold the wet mixture into the dry mixture using a rubber spatula. Do not overmix.
- Fold in the raspberries and 1 cup of white chocolate. Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 23-25 minutes or until the blondies have started to turn a light golden brown and the tops have cracked just slightly.
- Melt remaining ⅓ cup of white chocolate. Drizzle over the blondies. Cool completely before cutting.
Other Yummy Desserts