This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine and mine alone. Thanks for supporting the brands that I love and make this blog possible. #SummerToGo #CollectiveBias
These Buffalo Pretzel Chicken Bites are the perfect snack and are great for on the go entertaining! Made with sourdough buffalo pretzel bites and all white chicken breast, these little nuggets are perfect for dipping, dunking or sharing!
I don’t think I could say enough words to express my love for buffalo sauce. I mean I am seriously obsessed with the stuff. I keep a big bottle of Franks Buffalo Sauce in my fridge and I pour it on literally everything….okay maybe not french toast. Orrr cake. But if it is savory, you best believe it has a big, healthy dash of buffalo sauce all over the top.
Judging by my pinterest feed, everyone else has a buffalo sauce obsession as well. But here is where my buffalo love gets real deep. I even love buffalo flavored pretzels. When I was 16, my sister and I spent our summers being lifeguards at an indoor swim center. It was a real glamorous job. We spent 8 hours in the water with screaming, crying and quite often kicking children. At the end of our long shift I would crawl out of the pool with leather fingers and a face that had taken more punches than Jackie Chan. My sister would then drag me to the local grocery store to go and visit her boyfriend. While she and him chatted it up, I would dash down to the snack isle and come back with wrinkled arms full of buffalo pretzels. She had a man but I had all the buffalo goodness a girl could want, so clearly I was the one who was really winning.
Gone are the days of teaching the backstroke to snotty nosed kids and chlorine bleached hair (green just isn’t my color), but my buffalo snacking remains. Which brings me to these Buffalo Pretzel Chicken Bites. Nick insists I eat protein, I insist I eat carbs. This was my compromise! And it is a delicious one at that. Tender pieces of all white chicken breasts are coated in buffalo pretzel bits and then baked to perfection. These are my go to snack to bring to pool parties and summer BBQ’s. They are easy, portable and loved by adults and kids alike. They make entertaining simple and finger lickin’ good.
These buffalo chicken pretzel bites are perfect for snacking, dipping and dunking. Nick uses ranch, I used (ya you guessed it) MORE buffalo sauce.
I always get asked for the recipe and they are the first appetizers to go at parties. Summer should be fun and the less fussy the food, the more time you have to socialize. I always buy these buffalo pretzels at Wal-Mart because they ALWAYS have them in stock. They carry several other varieties of pretzels too in case you aren’t a big fan of spicy foods. These chicken bites would be equally good using the buttermilk ranch pretzels instead.
For more great recipes for summer entertaining visit the Simple Entertaining Social Hub!
- 2 Chicken Breasts, cut into 1 inch chunks
- ½ Cup Flour
- ½ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tablespoon Buffalo Wing Sauce
- 2 Cups Buffalo Pretzels, crushed finely (I used Snyders of Hanover Buffalo Sourdough Pretzel Bites)
- Cooking Spray
- Ranch and Buffalo Wing Sauce for Dipping
- Preheat the oven to 400°. Line two baking sheets with foil or parchment paper. In a bowl combine the flour and cayenne pepper. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs in with the buffalo wing sauce. Place the buffalo pretzel crumbs in a third bowl. Dip each chicken piece in the flour shaking off the excess, then into the egg mixture and finally roll into the crumbled pretzel bites. Place the chicken bites onto the prepared pan. Repeat with remaining chicken pieces. Mist each pretzel covered chicken bite with cooking spray before baking. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Baking time may vary depending on the thickness of your chicken. Serve with ranch and buffalo wing sauce.