This Easy Strawberry Pie is perfect for summer parties and only has only 10 minutes of prep time! The flakey crust combined with juicy glazed strawberries make this a perfect make ahead treat!
Baking has and always will be my sister’s thing. She makes amazing things from scratch and always has a recipe on hand for delicious cakes and pies. I on the other hand don’t find baking to be as enjoyable. I get by well enough..but I just don’t enjoy it as much as I enjoy cooking.
Are you into simple desserts or gourmet masterpieces?
Well if you answered with simple, then this is the dessert for you. It practically makes itself. Even your kids could whip this up. The best part about this pie is that even with all its simplicity, it is absolutely delicious. Everyone always asks for seconds.
The most important part of this pie is using really fresh strawberries that aren’t too tart. You can make your own crust or use a premade dough like I did. It’s quick, easy and difficult to mess up. I have to say that I am a bit biased about the glaze. I use Marie’s Strawberry Glaze. I love it because it comes in regular and suagr free, so if you are watching your waistline you can always opt for the latter. You can usually find this in the produce section right next to the strawberries. The glaze is thick and gives the strawberries the perfect sweetness. After a few hours in the refrigerator, the pie holds together perfectly.
I added a few blueberries to the center to give this easy strawberry pie a festive touch for 4th of July. And of course it wouldn’t be complete without a few dollops of whip cream for the white component. I piped mine on with a piping bag just because I think its so pretty.
Even if baking isn’t your thing, I promise you can make this pie and it will turn out perfectly every single time. No one will believe how easy it is.
- 1 (9 inch) Prebaked Pie Crust (homemade or store bought)
- 4 Cups Strawberries, hulled and cut in halves
- 1 (14 oz.) Container Strawberry Glaze (I used Marie's)
- ½ Cup Fresh Blueberries
- Whipped Cream for decorating, optional
- In a bowl gently combine the strawberry halves with the strawberry glaze. Fold the strawberries until well coated with the glaze. Fill the pie shell with the glazed strawberries and refrigerate for 4 hours. Create a small space in the center of the pie and fill with the blueberries. Top with whip cream if desired. Slice and serve.
Other Popular Summer Recipes: