This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HoneyForHolidays #CollectiveBias
Spicy cinnamon, flakey sea salt, and a sticky sweet glaze make this Maple Vanilla Popcorn Snack Mix an unforgettable treat! This snack makes the perfect edible gift, complete with an easy printable!
I am REALLY in the holiday spirit. Christmas music has been playing non stop, cookies have been baking in the oven almost daily and I am already dreaming up how I want to decorate the Christmas tree.
This time of year is my favorite. I love the colder weather and all the fun activities surrounding the holiday season. Baking has to be in my top 3 favorite things. It isn’t so much the actual process of baking that I enjoy most. I just love giving away the things I make. Tis the season for sweet things and sweets make people happy.
Snack Mix is kinda a big deal at our house. I shared our favorite White Chocolate Snack mix in February but I make a Christmas variation every year. But it doesn’t end there, Nick’s Grandmother makes a Savory Snack Mix every Christmas that is so addicting. I will be sharing that recipe with you next week and I can’t wait!
Snack mix is on the menu again today! I am sharing with you a little sweet and salty snack mix that you are gonna love! I picked up some Don Victor Honey at Wal-Mart the other day and knew it would be perfect for this recipe. I love it because it is raw, filtered honey, not the processed kind that you find at most grocery stores. It has that pure honey flavor that makes all the difference in this recipe. The jar also includes a honeycomb which is a total bonus. I love spreading the honeycomb on toast or cornbread muffins. If you haven’t tried honeycomb before, you need to!
This Maple Vanilla Popcorn Snack Mix is everything I love about the holiday season all mixed into one. Spicy cinnamon, nutty pecans, buttery popcorn all coated in a sticky, sweet maple vanilla glaze. I package these up and give them away to neighbors and friends. I have to give some away or else I will eat the whole batch! I am so often asked for the recipe that I now have a Free Printable so that I can just tie it on when I package these up as gifts.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
You can find Don Victor Honey at your local Wal-Mart in the hispanic foods section.
- 12 Cups Popped Popcorn
- 2 Cups Walnut Halves
- 2 Cups Pecan Halves
- 1 Cup Toasted Whole Almonds
- 2 Cups Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 1 Cup Butter
- ½ Cup Pure Maple Syrup
- ¼ Cup Don Victor Honey
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Heat the oven to 250°. Spray a large rectangle pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a very large bowl, combine the popcorn and the nuts.
- Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared pan and set aside.
- In a large saucepan bring the butter, maple syrup and honey to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and add in the baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Pour syrup over the popcorn and nuts. Bake for 1 hour stirring every 15 minutes to prevent burning. Let cool completely and then break into pieces and store in an airtight container or package as edible gifts.