A fun mint St. Patricks Day mix filled with nutella muddy buddies, M & M’S and pretzels for a salty bite. A fun printable is included!
Welcome to snacking heaven.
No but seriously you guys are not gonna believe how good this St. Patty’s day snack mix.
I partnered up with my beautiful friend Lauren to share this post with you! She is the creator behind the blog over at A Teachable Teacher, a first grade teacher, and runs an online store! How she does it all, I will never know. She is actually the one who inspired me to start blogging. I truly am grateful for her friendship and all the advice she has given me. She is organized, detail orientated, and makes everything look pretty…which is why she made the printable for the recipe instead of me.
We put our heads together and decided that we would start a little series (Treat’s for Teachers) on our blogs featuring fun and easy desserts for teachers and parents for certain holidays. I will be featuring the recipe and you can head over to her blog for the darling printable!
So as you probably guessed, first up is a St. Patrick’s day treat! This little mix is super easy and really delicious! I started out by making a nutella flavored muddy buddy and then added in all sorts of fun ingredients. You can feel free to adjust anything to your preference.
I used mint M & M’s, mini pretzels, Andes Mints, Lucky Charms, and a little white chocolate to make it all just a little sweeter. It’s heavenly. I can’t keep my hands out of the bag. I am predicting it will be gone tomorrow.
Whether you make this for your class or for your family, I can guarantee it will be loved.
Don’t forget to print the adorable printable!
- 5 Cups Rice Chex, divided
- ⅓ Cup Nutella
- 1 Cup Semisweet Chocolate chips
- ½ Cups Powdered Sugar
- 2 Cup Lucky Charms
- 2 Cups Mini Pretzels
- 1 Cup Green M & Ms, plain (I used the mint variety)
- ½ Cup White Chocolate Chips
- 2-3 Drops Green Food Coloring (Optional)
- 10-12 Andes Mints, chopped
- Pour 4 cups of the Rice Chex into a large bowl and set aside. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the Nutella and semisweet chocolate chips until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. Pour the Nutella mixture over the Rice Chex until the cereal is well coated. Place the coated cereal into a large plastic bag with the powdered sugar, shake well. Combine the remaining 1 cup of Rice Chex, the Lucky Charms, mini pretzels, and M & M's in a large bowl. In a microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate chips in 30 second intervals until smooth. Add in the green food coloring if desired. Pour the white chocolate over the cereal mixture and stir until well coated. Toss in the prepared muddy buddies and the Andes Mints to the cereal mixture. Store in a cool, dry place.
Other Fun Snacks: