This S’Mores Peanut Butter Cookie Pie is the perfect way to celebrate summer. Made in a skillet, this giant peanut butter cookie is topped with fudgy chocolate, toasted marshmallows and vanilla bean ice cream.
Peanut butter is a way of life in our house. We could eat it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I like it crunchy, Nick likes it creamy but in all honesty we could eat it anyway!
We try to make it healthy and put it in our protein shakes but I will admit that more often than not, you can find me hiding in the pantry with a big spoon and a tub of peanut butter. We buy the value sized double pack at Costco for our giant family of THREE. Yeah…obsessed.
But peanut butter has protein so that makes it healthy right?
So you know that means this S’Mores Peanut Butter Cookie Pie has got to be healthy too right?
Okay, you got me. It may not be healthy but it WILL make you all sorts of happy. I mean who doesn’t love a giant skillet cookie packed with peanut butter goodness?! This cookie pie is the stuff dreams are made of. I loved the idea of combining our favorite cookie with the dessert of summer (S’Mores duhhh)! And thus this beauty was born.
The bottom layer is my sister’s famous peanut butter cookie recipe. It is ahhh-mazingggg. The middle is a decadent fudgy chocolate layer…and made with only two ingredients. Winning!
This cookie pie is finished off with big ol’ marshmallows. I just used a kitchen torch to give them that yummy s’mores look but you could just as easily put them in the oven for a quick minute or two.
This dessert is sweet, so to cut the sugar I topped mine with vanilla bean ice cream and chocolate sauce. It was clearly the obvious choice.
The next obvious choice is that you NEED to make this Peanut Butter S’Mores Cookie Skillet.
- Peanut Butter Cookie Skillet:
- ½ Cup Butter
- ½ Cup Peanut Butter
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1½ Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- Chocolate and Marshmallow Layer:
- 2 ½ Cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 (14 oz.) Can Condensed Milk
- 15-20 Large Marshmallows
- Optional Toppings:
- Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Chocolate Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°. In a mixing bowl cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla extract, beat well. In separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture and blend well. Press the cookie dough into a 12 inch oven safe skillet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cookie is just barely done. Remove from the oven and cool for 15 Minutes in the skillet. Meanwhile, in a small pot melt the chocolate chips and condensed milk on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the cookie. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Top the chocolate with marshmallows and broil for 1 minute or until the marshmallows have begun to brown. Alternatively, you could use a kitchen torch to brown the marshmallows.
- Cut into slices and serve with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.
More Decadent Sweets: