A decadent strawberry nutella streusel muffin filled with juicy strawberries, thick nutella swirls, and a crumbly oatmeal streusel topping.
It is strawberry season! And I am in love…with strawberries that is. I have been stopping by the fruit stand around the corner as often as possible to purchase strawberries in ungodly amounts. Mainly because my husband loves them but also because I love finding new things to create with them.
I recently just found myself with a huge flat over strawberries and that led me to all kinds of experimenting. It started out innocently with a healthy strawberry salad with some killer strawberry balsamic vinaigrette but my sweet tooth kicked in. My sweet tooth always kicks in. This unfortunately is not new news nor is it good news for me. BUT it is good news for you because today I am here to offer you some very yummy Strawberry Nutella Muffins. Have you tried strawberry and nutella before? It’s basically sinful.
If you have been living under a rock and don’t know what nutella is, let me enlighten you. Nutella is a creamy chocolate hazelnut spread that originated in Italy. Luckily the Italians decided to be generous and share this creamy goodness with the rest of the world and it is now widely distributed in the United States. So, all that is to say you need to get yourself a jar of this stuff asap…and you’ll need a spoon. Get a BIG spoon.
These muffins are big ol’ bakery style muffins with juicy strawberry chunks and nutella swirls running through the middle. I used cake flour in these muffins to make them extra moist and a heaping cup of greek yogurt because somewhere in my twisted mind that makes these justifiably healthy.
Juicy strawberry chunks. ✔
Thick Nutella swirls. ✔
Greek yogurt. ✔
Ah, yes there is just one thing left. An oatmeal streusel topping. My obnoxious inner child just couldn’t resist. And thus I just had to sprinkle on a nice crumbly streusel to make this whole muffin extra indulgent.It’s the bee’s knees folks. You gotta try em’!
- Strawberry Nutella Muffin
- 3 Cups Cake Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ¼ Cup Butter, melted
- ¼ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- 1½ Cups Fresh Strawberries, hulled and diced
- 12 Teaspoons Nutella
- Oatmeal Streusel Topping:
- 2 Tablespoons Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 Tablespoons Flour
- ⅓ Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Butter, very cold and cut into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Grease a muffin tin and set aside. Prepare the streusel topping: in a bowl combine the oats, flour, and sugars. With a pastry blender or two forks, cut in the butter to the flour mixture until crumbly. Set aside. In a mixing bowl, combine the cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a separate bowl combine the butter, vegetable oil, beaten egg and greek yogurt. Combine the wet and the dry ingredients together. Mix until just combined but do not over mix as this will result in a dry and flat muffin. With a rubber spatula. gently fold in the strawberries. Fill each muffin cavity half way full, Swirl in 1 teaspoon of nutella into each muffin. Fill with remaining batter to the top. Sprinkle tops with prepared oatmeal streusel topping. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Allow to cool completely before serving.
Other Strawberry Recipes