This Super Moist Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread is the perfect breakfast or afternoon snack! Sweet chocolate chips, crunchy pecans and lots of pumpkin spice make this a favorite Fall treat!
I have been going pumpkin crazy here on the blog. Isn’t everyone this time of year? Pumpkin season is just wayyyy too short!
It all started with these Pumpkin Crumb Donuts. They were dangerously addicting. Which led to the Pumpkin Cake Batter Pancakes…but those only inspired the Pumpkin Cheesecake Streusel Bars. Those were REALLY good. But you can’t have cheesecake for breakfast so I came up with these Churro Pumpkin French Toast Sticks. By this point we were in sugar overload so I lightened things up a bit by making Healthy Pumpkin Cranberry Muffins.
That brings us to today. You guessed it, more pumpkin! And today, I have TWO pumpkin recipes for you! One is this Super Moist Pumpkin Bread that will knock you right into pumpkin heaven. AND the other I am sharing over at Mandy’s Recipe Box….but I am sure you are just dying to know what it is so I’ll just tell you. Pumpkin Pull Apart Bread with Maple Icing! Go check it out!
Oh, you don’t like pumpkin? Whoops! There is always the Kale Chicken Salad that I posted last Monday. 😉
Have you heard about the whole pumpkin shortage? I guess that after the Fall no more Libby’s pumpkin mix or puree will be shipped out. So I have been stocking up! A Fall without pumpkin just wouldn’t be the same! Of course stocking up means that I have been expierimenting like crazy. Which is what led to making several batches of pumpkin bread. This is the recipe that won the most votes by my taste testers. 😉
This bread is simple to make and it is really easy to customize your mix ins. I have used cranberries and white chocolate chips but you could use pecans, walnuts, milk chocolate chips, etc.
I suggest making a double batch. It goes fast! Happy Pumpkin eating!
- 1½ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1½ Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Sugar
- ½ Cup Butter, melted and cooled
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree (not Pumpkin Pie Mix)
- 2 Large Eggs
- ¼ Cup Orange Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- ⅔ Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ½ Cup Chopped Pecans (Optional)
- Heat the oven to 350°. Grease a 9 x5 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together both sugars, butter, pumpkin puree, eggs, orange juice and vanilla extract, Beat on medium speed until light and creamy.
- Switch the mixer to low speed and slowly add in the flour mixture until just combined (do not overmix!).
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes to an hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool on a wire rack completely. Cut into slices and serve!
More Pumpkin Fun!