Delicious raspberry coconut oatmeal squares loaded with coconut and sweet raspberry jam! Quick, simple, and only a few basic ingredients, plus packed with a surprising superfood!
Raspberries are my all time favorite fruit…or dare I say my favorite food. It’s no secret in our home that I am a fruit addict. I love em’ all. And not that you’ll be surprised but there is NEVER a shortage of fruit so long as I do the shopping. However, when I send my hubby to the store he is likely to come back with 7 different varieties of cereal (I’ve shunned milk since my toddler days so I let him have his cereal indulgence alone.)
It was my husbands love of cereal and my raspberry obsession that caused the creation of these scrumptious breakfast oatmeal bars! And the coconut is the perfect flavor to tie the two together. The oatmeal crust is a crumbly shortbread texture and the fruity raspberry gives this easy breakfast bar the perfect amount of sweetness. The secret is to use a really good quality jam. I personally love Knott’s seedless raspberry jam but any of your personal favorites will do. And don’t feel like you need to stick with raspberry. These bars would be equally tasty with blueberry, boysenberry, or strawberry.
Have you ever baked with coconut oil? You should, you really should. It gives a hint of sweetness and coconut oil is a superfood! (That means its okay that I ate ½ the batch right?)
Be sure that your coconut oil is firm before use. During the winter I just leave mine in the cupboard and it stays firm but in summer months I store it in the fridge. If your coconut oil is not firm then you will not be able to cut it into the oatmeal flour mixture (which is what gives it a yummy crumbly texture).
They are a great grab and go breakfast item or a sweet snack in a packed lunch. I store any leftovers in the fridge. They will keep for about 3 days. Or they can be kept frozen for up to three months.
- 1 Cup Oatmeal
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ½ Cup Coconut Oil (firm)
- 1 Cup Seedless Raspberry Jam
- ½ Cup Sweetened Coconut Flakes (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine oatmeal, flour, baking soda, and brown sugar.
- Cut in the firm coconut oil with pastry blender or two forks.
- Press half the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan (mixture will be crumbly)
- Spread raspberry jam over the oat mixture.
- Crumble the remaining oat mixture over the top of the jam. Sprinkle with optional coconut flakes.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.