This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #12DaysofPancakes #CollectiveBias
These Ultimate Strawberry Banana Pancakes are our favorite weekend breakfast item! Fluffy buttermilk pancakes, stuffed with ripe bananas, sweet strawberry topping and covered in rich maple syrup.
Weekends were made for breakfast!
Monday through Friday is a very busy time for us which means breakfast is quick and very routine. Nick is usually rushing to get ready for work, while I am making breakfast, packing lunches and trying to manage Baby Stella. But when Saturday and Sunday roll around, I go all out for breakfast. Stuffed French Toast, 3 egg omelettes, and of course pancakes!
Nick loves banana pancakes while I am rather fond of strawberry so this recipe is really just our compromise for the perfect breakfast. It really is such an easy and versatile recipe.
Our Saturday morning breakfast together means a lot to me. Not just because of the food but because of the time we spend together and the memories we have made.
I love watching Stella’s face light up when she manages to get all the food onto the fork and into her mouth. I love that Nick is so patient with her, always trying to teach her new things. But I think what I love most is the absolute peace in it all, knowing that there is nothing more important at that moment than being together. All too soon Stella will be grown and won’t be eating breakfast with us anymore. I don’t want to look back and wish I would have spent more time with her.
Someone once told me “What do most people say on their deathbed? They don’t say, ‘I wish I’d made more money or worked more often.’ What they say is, ‘I wish I’d spent more time with my family and done more for society or my community.'”
I love how food brings us all together. That is probably why I started food blogging in the first place, I wanted to share all of my favorites with all of you. Food doesn’t need to be fussy or take hours to make, it simply needs to be shared. So I hope you spend this weekend with someone you love and that you’ll whip up something special together!
For more delicious pancake recipes head over to Aunt Jemima’s recipe gallery!
You can purchase Aunt Jemima Products and everything you need to make these Ultimate Strawberry Banana Pancakes at your local Wal-Mart!
- Ultimate Strawberry Banana Pancakes
- 2 Cups Aunt Jemima Buttermilk Complete Mix
- 1½ Cups Water
- 1 Cup Strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 Bananas, peeled and sliced
- Strawberry Topping:
- 1 Quart Strawberries, hulled and sliced
- ¼ Cup Water
- ¼ Cup Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Cornstarch
- Whipped Cream and Aunt Jemima's Maple Syrup for serving
- Heat skillet over medium-low heat. Combine the pancake mix and water, stirring just until the lumps disappear. Fold in the strawberries and bananas. Pour slightly less than ¼ cup of batter for each pancake onto a lightly greased skillet. Turn when the pancakes bubble and the bottoms are golden brown.
- Strawberry Topping:
- In a small saucepan, combine the strawberries, water, sugar, lemon juice and cornstarch to a simmer, whisking frequently. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
More Breakfast Ideas